Search This Blog

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Festive Chickpea Tart........Seriously it tastes good.

When searching for a new recipe to use up the chickpeas I had on my shelf I came across this recipe for a chickpea tart.  I sounded so weird that I had to try it.  My first thought was that it would be like a big pie of hummus.

Basically the pie is a mixture of walnuts an chickpeas pureed with onions, celery and garlic.  Then you fold in spinach, chopped parsley, thyme and dried cranberries. Next you place the mixture in a pie crust. I used a frozen whole wheat pie shell just because I had one in the freezer, but you could totally make your own.  Finally, you bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.  The critical step is to let the pie set up for about 10 minutes after you take it out of the oven.



Basically, its a take on quiche. And its really good. I served with a light salad, but carmelized pearl onions, roasted potatoes and cranberry sauce would also be awesome on colder nights when you want something heartier.

No comments:

Post a Comment