Search This Blog

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Vegan Lasagna

So it turns out Robert wanted lasagna instead of tamale casserole. I just assumed he would want tamale casserole because it resembles a dish we've have before and he already knows he likes. But he chose vegan lasagna so vegan lasagna it was.

I used the recipe for spinach lasagna from Veganomicon, minus the spinach because I didn't have any. I could have substituted kale, but Robert HATES kale.



The first step was to make the tofu "ricotta" which involved smashing up tofu with olive oil, nutritional yeast, salt, lemon juice and garlic.














After that the assembly process is much like regular lasagna. Sauce, noodles, "cheese," repeat.














I put some Follow Your Heart vegan cheese on top and finished it off under the broiler so it got nice and melty. Robert gave it the thumbs up, so it now officially on the menu. I think next time I'm going to let the "ricotta" drain in cheese cloth before using it so it gets a little thicker. Other than that, it was very satisfying.













Blueberry pie for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment