Search This Blog

Thursday, January 27, 2011

peanut tomato stew

Peanuts and tomato are one of the best flavor combinations. I know, it sounds weird, but trust me.  So when the weather report was predicting another snowmageddon (it actually wasn't that bad) I combed my cookbooks for a good stew recipe, and low and behold Viva Vegan had a recipe for creamy potato peanut stew or Guatita.  I didn't stick to the recipe 100%.  The recipe calls for TVP, soy curls or chickpeas and all I had was a can of black eyed peas.  The stew came out good, but to make it great, next time I'm going to add more texture-- maybe some chopped seitan, celery, or pearl onions.  Maybe some fresh tomatoes.  After our tummies were warmed with stew we settled on the catch to watch "Winter's Bone."  How appropriate!

No comments:

Post a Comment