Search This Blog

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Chocolate Brownies and Peanut Butter Cookies

I am pretty loyal to the brownie recipe from The Joy of Vegan Baking.  However, the brownie's  from that book, while very yummy, are a little too moist and fudgie because they are made with applesauce instead of oil.  The best part about brownies, in my opinion, is the crunchy sandy exterior sandwiching a fudgie interior.  Enter the recipe for Vegan Banana Chip brownies from VegNews magazine.  I didn't have banana chips or pecans...or chocolate chips. But I did have everything else so I decided to go for it.  And these brownies are much more my style (Sorry Colleen).  Made with cocoa powder, they have a much more bittersweet chocolate flavor. AND they have that little crunch that puts brownies over the edge.  My only complaint is that they were a little too thin.  So next time I will double the recipe and include the banana chips and pecan.  I'm sure they will be even better!

This week I also decided to be a cookie godmother and bring in peanut butter cookies for my co-workers.  The polished off all 2-dozen of them, so I think it was a success!  I used the peanut butter cookie recipe from The Joy of Vegan Baking which never disappoints!


No comments:

Post a Comment