Search This Blog

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Coconut Tres Leches -- muy delicioso

Considering I've never tried a non-vegan version, or any version, of a  coconut tres leches cake I can only judge this cake on it own.  And it was good.  I'm not sure if I would call it my favorite dessert.  But I did go back for seconds.

And what exactly is it you ask?  Well, its a basic white cake that is then soaked in a sugar/coconut milk syrup and topped with a tofu, coconut cream topping.  Its not really a frosting.  And you top it with flaked coconut. The "tres leches" comes from the fact that there is coconut milk, soy milk and almond milk. 

"The cake would be good on its own," said Megan.  "I liked that it wasn't too sweet."  The cake was VERY labor intensive.  But overall, a good venture.

No comments:

Post a Comment