Search This Blog

Monday, December 6, 2010

City of brotherly love...and vegan restaurants I didn't go to

I went to Philadelphia over the weekend to visit my dear, and enthusiastically omnivorous, friend Emily (check out her blog) who will be moving back to California in two weeks. Despite my efforts to get her excited about discovering Philadelphia's vegan culinary hot spots, it was not meant to be. After making a very persuasive argument over facebook as to why we should try Horizon, we learned that they were booked. I wasn't successful in getting us to Govinda either. This just means that I will have to return to Philly at a later date to do some hard-core eating.
The trip though did provide some food for blog in the form of a great Indian restaurant which will adapt many of their menu items to be made without ghee or dairy. Bindi says they serve modern Indian. Unfortunately, my pallet is not sophisticated enough to decipher old Indian from modern Indian. I do, however, know yummy Indian when I taste it and Bindi was just that. I had the vegetarian thali which included chana masala, spicy cauliflower, mango pickle, and they subbed these coconut lentils in for the saag paneer. It was awesome. If you are ever in Philadelphia and want some good Indian food, just go to Bindi and they will hook you up. But bring cash because they don't take credit cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment