Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Vegan food in Yuma AZ? Who knew!

You may know Yuma AZ from the critically acclaimed western starring Russel Crowe. However, I know it as the site of the closest Barnes & Noble to El Centro.  Now I have one more reason to love Yuma- River City Grill.

Its not easy finding a restaurant that will please me, my husband, his friend Adam who we call Bob (long story) and my mother and father-in-law. However, River City Grill has fresh seafood, all-natural beef, wild-river salmon, Denver lamb, natural poultry (for the family) and eight vegetarian entrees/four vegan entrees to choose from for me!

We started with an order or the Vietnamese Spring Rolls as an appetizer, followed by the Roasted Tomato and Bell Pepper Bisque, which is easily veganized by ordering it without the gorganzola crouton. Yum! It was really difficult choosing an entree but I settled on the Indian curry, which was excellent, however the blackened tofu was running a close second. Next time.  The only thing River City Grill did not have was a vegan dessert.  But I was so full, I probably wouldn't have eaten dessert even if there was one.




1 comment: