Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Holiday Baking

This is the thing with holiday baking. Once you decide to give one person a package of homemade goodies, then all of the sudden your list balloons into a four foot long scroll starting with your best friends and ending with the cashier at Shoppers. My husband suggested that we give cookies to the maintenance crew of our apartment building. And they are very deserving. The have risked their lives many times by daring to confront my cat Kobe for the sake of unclogging a toilet or fixing a garbage disposal. As my friend Katie can attest, braving Kobe is no small feet. They also valiantly plowed our parking lot numerous times during last year's snowpocalypse.
However, once we decided to give the maintenance crew holiday cookies, then it was "what about the concierge," "what about the dry cleaners," "what about my doctor." You see how this can get out of hand. However, holiday baking serves to remind you just how many people it takes to keep your life running smoothly. It truly takes a village to keep Rob Rob and I going. However, only the lucky few will be getting cookies this year. I'm really sorry cashier at Shoppers.

Building on yesterday's mint chocolate chip themes, I made mint chocolate chip cookies from, you guessed it, Joy of Vegan Baking. I also made chocolate mint oreo truffles. Heaven!



No comments:

Post a Comment