Search This Blog

Monday, November 22, 2010

Eating my way through L.A. Part 2

PETA recently named Washington D.C. the most Veg-Friendly city. D.C. does have many amazing vegan and vegan-friendly establishments, which will be explored on this blog at a later time. For now, I must say that Los Angeles deserved a higher ranking than the eighth place ranking bestowed on them by PETA. This town definitely has some great vegan eats -- and I've only been here three days.

Yesterday, I had a very tranquil evening filled with yoga and macrobiotics. Perfect nourishment for the body, mind and soul. Liberation Yoga teaches all styles of Hatha yoga, which I find a refreshing alternative to studios that have not only focused on a single style, but turned that style into a brand. The 4pm Hatha class was excellent. I highly recommend it.


Now onto the food! M Cafe serves "contemporary macrobiotic cuisine." What is macrobiotic you say? I still don't really know, but I think you're supposed to chew your food well. Whatever, the macrobiotic philosophy, M Cafe was yummy. The atmosphere is a casual dining atmosphere. You order at the counter but they bring the food to your table. The menu is extensive. I had the chopped salad which ROCKED! My friend Tia had a combo plate with an awesome tempeh salad.


M Cafe also serves confections of two varieties. They have their regular vegan pastries and they also carry BabyCakes. To be thorough, Tia and I though it best to have a regular vegan cupcake AND a BabyCakes cupcake. They were both good. They BabyCakes cupcake was gingerbread and had more flavor and texture then the regular cupcake. However, I enjoyed the frosting on the regular vegan cupcake more. Just to make sure I give BabyCakes a fair testing, I'm going to go by the BabyCakes bakery downtown for a second tasting. Anything for the blog....

No comments:

Post a Comment