Search This Blog

Saturday, November 20, 2010

mmmmmmm Muffins

Last night I had a bunch of overripe bananas, so of course there was only one thing to do. Make banana muffins. This is another trusty recipe from The Joy of Vegan Baking. Don't know if I've mentioned how great this cookbook is. One piece of advice. If you want a really good muffin top, and really this is the only time you will want a muffin top, you need to over fill your muffin tins. The recipe tells you to fill the muffin cups half way. Screw that. I fill them up all the way almost until they are overflowing. That's a nice puffy muffin top. The same also applies to cupcakes.

This brings me to another topic though. I think I need to take a brake from baking. The problem with learning how to bake is once you figure out how to do it you want to do it all the time. Its so damn fun and the results are so yummy. But I'm feeling a little muffin top myself. Plus I think I've been baking at the expense of exploring other yummy and healthful recipes, which could be equally fun and challenging. So once I get back from Los Angeles there will be more fruits and vegetable on this blog. For now, enjoy the muffins!

No comments:

Post a Comment